Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So many tests....

TO: gunther@corp.com
FROM: auntie@corp.comSUBJECT: So many tests....


Gunther,
I got a call from IT saying that one of your servers was running low on disk space and would I approve an upgrade. After some digging, I saw that it was the test case management system I sold you. 

Now, I know that the test cases only take up less than 100kb of data each and the requirements are less than that. You don't add attachments to the test cases. So I wondered if you were 're-purposing' this system for other use. What else could explain the 5 full 10Tb harddrives.

Then I looked at your projects in the system. Good Lord, there must be 100,000 test cases with corresponding requirements for each of the 50 projects you are testing. I'm not sure how you managed to find that many requirements for some of these projects. The smaller ones don't even have a 1000 lines of code....

But now that I think of it, that could explain why you demand a 2 month regression  cycle where you have to hire outside testers to release anything.

Keep up the good work!

Fondest Wishes,
Auntie Cueway


No comments:

Post a Comment